Monday, August 9, 2010

Las Vegas - Day 1

The first touchdown in America was LA, I only managed to view the skyline out of the plane window and the airport..... it was very big and looked like concrete city! The airport is quite ugly, but I suppose the amount of people they have through it and the actual size of the thing it will be quite hard to keep maintained.....

So back on the plane to Vegas! I am did not have much of an expectation but when flying into it, I thought wow this place really is in the middle of nowhere! just surrounded by desert and mountains! There was a spectacular storm with huge bolts of lightning hitting the mountains in the distance which I am glad we were not flying through!

Finally at the Hotel (Hotel Tropicana, yes drinks are free, well if your gambling anyway)..... They were renovating the place (it had nealy been completed) and the it looked great! I was meeting Wendy & Jenna there and as Wendy had booked the room I had to sit at the bar and have myself a lovely cold beer while I waited for her to arrive!

Not even 40 30 mins into my drink and Wendy arrived! It was great to see her! The Jenna arrived without her luggage as apparently it was taking the round trip of America oops! So we decided to have another beer then hit the strip while we waited for her luggage to arrive!





Well what can I say..... I was lost for words.... the place is huge! As it was late, we only managed to eat and when people say portions are big in America..... believe them! It took us about an hour to guzzle down the monster Mexican food and then we were too full to go anywhere else! So we took off back to our lovely room and caught some Z's

http://www.troplv.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment