Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brisbane Floods

It seems that flood has gotten worse, it has not been as bad as predicted but still, many people have lost their homes and even worse people have even lost their lives :(...... it is a sad sad day for QLD.......

The floods are expected to move down into NSW also, which is going to devastate even more lives :(

Sy is currently off work until further notice as they have no electricity, but I am still plodding on as my work building should not be affected (however areas around it are)...... I am a bit shocked at how the management are taking it tho as we have been told by the emergency services that we have not to go into the City and stay at home.... however Management at my work are encouraging us to go in?? If we don't then we have to take it as leave........ Most people are stranded and can not even make it in!.... I understand that we need to try keep the business running as normal but the way they have gone about it has been totally out of order.... I will not go into it, but I just wanted to write that I am very disappointed and to be honest I don't know if I want to work for a company like this anymore..........

So I did go into work, but it was very quite, and yes I was very careful as to which roads I took and pre-planned my route before hand........

Anyway have a look at these below, they show the before and after photo's of the Brisbane flood!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/qld-floods/beforeafter.htm

The first one (which is Milton), is where Sy used to work..... this place was totally under water....... and the stadium :(..... It all seems surreal! I have been to most of these places shown and I could not imagine!...

No comments:

Post a Comment